April 11, 2013


Here's what I'm up to:

  • Ordering some books to read on my topics o' the month. Hooray for happy book mail!
  • Taking part in a focus group to start a new contemporary service at my church, where I might be on the worship team. I've had two meetings this week, and the plans sound exciting.
  • Finishing up the 4H semester; I'm always relieved when it's done, but thankful I've done it. I'm already thinking about the project I will lead next fall. I learn so much every time I do this.
  • Planning the layout and topics for my new zine. Blogging has never been a big satisfaction for me; to spend so much time on a post (and the corresponding photo, I'm a perfectionist) and then let it sit there in cyberspace. It's why I don't really post more thoughtful, useful content here anymore. Printed words have more permanence; it can sit on your shelf and be read over and over. Let's bring print back!
  • In order to do this, I bought a cheap & portable word processor that I can write without distraction of email and Pinterest.
  • Planning my classes for our homeschool co-op. I'm leading Lego Challenge and gym, and that starts next week. 
  • I've started a local meetup for creative journaling and zine publishing. I know it's a rare breed that is into this kind of thing, but if it takes a long time to get going, I'm okay with that.
I haven't been *this* busy (especially with things I actually want to do) in a very long time, but so far, my health is cooperating for the most part, and my house is staying decent.

Comments

Popular Posts