ready for takeoff


It was a very grey weekend, and our first cold temps of the season. The boys went to the airshow on Sunday, and I went to the thrift store, lunch with my mom, and home to cook for our church group.

Every week feels like a new experiment in parenting. Though I am content, it never rises to my hopes of how it will go. The difference now from my earlier parenting years is that I know better than to have expectations. I often feel very powerless; whether it is because I never know when I will feel my best, or how cooperative the other members of my family will be, even practical things like if I will have a vehicle to go where I want to go. I'm just standing here trying to conduct this orchestra, and hoping that everyone else will quit playing the noisy warm up tones and get with the right sheet of music.


Comments

Popular Posts